Institut Le Rosey is an English and French co-educational boarding IB World School for 440 pupils. With its Arts and Learning Centre, the Paul et Henri Carnal Hall, Le Rosey has a broad offering of artistic and sporting co-curricular activities.
For September 2021 we are seeking a music interne/ “stagiaire”. If an applicant is available earlier (from April/May/June) that would also interest us.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a practising musician proficient on one or more musical instrument(s), ideally with expertise in music technology (music software, recording, sound production) and composition.
The person appointed will:
• assist and support the Artistic Director/Head of Music
• supervise instrumental practice sessions on a daily basis
• have proficiency in music technology (music software, recording, sound production) and composition
• run music production/music technology sessions and musical activities
• become involved in the broader and particularly the artistic life of the Rosey community
This post is a residential position for the period from September 2021 (or earlier if possible) until end of June 2022. It would suit a recently qualified music graduate who may be interested in teaching and looking to gain experience.
As well as possessing ability and potential in their field, the ideal music interne should enjoy working with children and be helpful, energetic and adaptable with an interest in music education. The ability to communicate in both English and French would be a distinct advantage.
In return, Le Rosey will offer:
• Return travel to and from Geneva at the beginning and end of contract
• Swiss medical insurance
• Shared accommodation (single bedroom with shared bathroom and sitting room) in an independent house at the centre of the Rolle campus
• Free tickets for all the events in the Rosey Concert Hall and use of school’s extensive sporting and artistic facilities
• A monthly payment of CHF 1,200 before deductions
• Three meals a day and laundry facilities
• Ski pass for the Gstaad term
Institut Le Rosey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all its staff to share this commitment. All new employees are required to undertake a security clearance, which includes providing criminal records reports as well as a special excerpt from the Swiss criminal records for people working with children.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to the Artistic Director, Rachel Gray, at email@example.com. They must be by email and include: a statement of interest, a CV or résumé, a photo, and the names of three referees.
Closing date: 30 April 2021
Institut Le Rosey
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 8 - 18 years