About the Organisation
Good to Great Schools Australia (GGSA) partners with schools and school systems to support school improvement along a journey from Poor to Fair, Fair to Good and Good to Great.
About the Business Unit
The School Improvement Unit encompasses the Literacy in Remote Schools (LRS) and the Academy programs. These programs span remote schools across Cape York, Queensland, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Good to Great Schools Australia oversees the educational program at The Cape York Aboriginal Academy at Coen and Hopevale through a unique partnership with Queensland Department of Education and Training.
About the role The Music Program Coordinator works closely with the Coen and Hopevale classroom music teachers, our partners Queensland Music Festival, the school Principals and the Project Owner of the CYAAA Music Program improvement project and the Comprehensive Music Program innovation project.
The Music Program Coordinator is responsible for:
- Program Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Program monitoring and reporting
- Coordinating and teaching Instrumental Music
- Coordinate Band Camp and other performances
- Stakeholder engagement
The successful applicant will have the ability to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as an instrumental music teacher/instructor
- Current full registration or eligibility for full registrations, as a teacher in Queensland
- Posession of a relevant education or teaching degree from a recognised tertiary institution, and a demonstrated high level of commitment to develop and maintain professional knowledge and skills
- Possession of a qualification in music from a recognised tertiary institute
- Ability to use a variety of instruments
- Experience organising and teaching a band and choir, performances and band camp
- Ability to comply with GGSA’s roster of flying and staying in Coen and Hopevale
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check (Blue Card).
Please submit your resume and cover letter by way of application.