Your role will require you to work 3 days a week across both our schools sites. We are a split-site, four form entry school based in Thamesmead (1 form entry) and Charlton (3 form entry). We have been graded as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted for the last 12 years.
Your role as Music teacher at Windrush would involve:
• Undertaking singing assemblies and promoting the love of singing across various genres throughout the school
• Developing, delivering and promoting the music curriculum across all year groups
• Overseeing the development of the school band
• Organising school community music performances throughout the year
• Leading both school choirs and taking part in Greenwich borough festivals
• Leading a team of talented musicians who deliver whole class instrumental lessons to year 3 and also teach peripatetic music lesson to up to 90 children throughout the school.
Why would you want to work at Windrush? We offer:
• children that are well-behaved and have a clear understanding of the robust behaviour policy that is in place, which is fully supported by all staff
• Supportive parents who hold music in high regard in our school
• A well-resourced music room
• A school that holds staff well-being in the highest regard
• collegiate atmosphere with joint insets, joint PPA and joint staff meetings being held across both sites - Thamesmead and Charlton
• high staff morale with two schools work together as one; the Windrush family
• a focus on the impact education has on our children with no formal observations, but SLT visible and supporting in class with outstanding, everyday practice
• onsite parking and a short walk from the local train station with a well-served bus stop directly outside.
Visits to either site of our school are very warmly welcomed and highly encouraged. Please contact Donna Corrigan at email@example.com or call 020 8836 9710 to arrange an appointment.
Interviews to be held: week beginning 24th February 2020