Salary: Main, Upper or Unqualified Pay Range (Inner London)
Contract: Part-time or Full-time, Permanent, 15 hours per week
(or up to full-time for the right candidate)
Required for: As soon as possible
The Head teacher, staff, pupils and governors at Ambler are seeking to appoint a Music Teacher with strong experience who has the passion and commitment to contribute to our enthusiastic and dynamic team, where the quality of teaching is outstanding.
We are looking to appoint a Music Teacher who will strive to achieve the highest possible standards of education for all our pupils in music. We will expect you to work with children in KS1 and KS2 by providing whole class music lessons, school choir sessions, and establishing a music culture across the school.
We are seeking a Music Teacher who:
- Is enthusiastic about music, and can use this enthusiasm to inspire children, staff and parents across the school.
- Has the ability to play a range of instruments.
- Has the ability to organise and run assemblies, after school clubs and coordinate performances.
- Has evidence of a commitment to excellence and the maximising of academic and personal achievement of pupils in music.
- Has a clear view about the future development of music.
- Has evidence of the ability to organise successfully the curriculum for a class of pupils of mixed abilities, aptitudes and educational needs through planning, preparation, monitoring and assessment.
- Has proven experience of working creatively, with the desire and ability to drive standards.
- Has vision and desire, understanding and experience of strategies for raising attainment and achievement.
- Can work effectively with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can embrace change and innovation positively.
- Has a good sense of humour.
Visits to Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre are currently unavailable due to Covid, however, you can visit via the ‘virtual tour’ on our website. If you are shortlisted, a tour will be included as part of the interview day.
Deadline for applications: Midnight, Sunday 5th December 2021
Short-listing: Monday 6th December 2021
Interviews: w/c Monday 6th December 2021
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk following the jobs link. If you need any assistance, please email Islington Schools’ HR at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: AMB/915.
Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check will be required. Also, if this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to declare.