St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful school with two school campuses; a primary site in Woolwich and a brand new state of the art all through site on the Greenwich Peninsula. It leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church – the Koinonia Federation.
St Mary Magdalene’s secondary phase opened in September 2016 and will provide a total of 900 places for students aged 11-16. It will also offer a sixth form provision from September 2021, providing 300 places for students aged 16-19.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate for a unique and exciting opportunity to join our Creative & Health Faculty within our secondary phase. This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to work in a supportive and energetic school.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• is a great Music teacher
• is highly organised, motivational and flexible
• is an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students and who is committed to all students reaching their full potential
• is dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• quality training to those new to the career
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• a positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
• energetic and enthusiastic high attaining students
• a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
• an Apple MacBook
• a Federation CPD programme
Our new multi-million-pound building is situated on the Greenwich Peninsula, beside the O2, offering excellent public transport links via the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and various bus routes.
Please note there are no staff parking facilities at the school.
As this role will involve contact with children and young people we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be telephoned & invited to attend interview.