1 Year Fixed Term, Part-Time (0.4) Teacher of Music
We are seeking a committed and dynamic teacher of Music with the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage girls to realise their musical potential at every level.
As a leading selective girls’ state school we greatly value the role that music plays in the curricular and co-curricular life of the school. As a school we celebrate the powerful impact of music making on a young person’s intellectual, emotional, social and moral development and recognise that the value of music stretches far beyond the classroom.
The Music Department is exceptional; students and teaching colleagues are highly skilled and motivated. You will be joining a thriving and committed department which is well supported by a musician in residence, a large team of peripatetic staff and a music secretary.
There is an extensive range of concerts throughout the year for our thriving orchestras, choirs and instrumental ensembles and you will be continuing the school’s strong tradition of delivering outstanding performances.
Examination results are also outstanding and many of our young musicians go on to study music at Oxbridge (many with choral scholarships), Russell Group Universities and music conservatoires.
This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in an exciting, high achieving context, teaching highly able and motivated students.
The successful candidate will need to:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- be an active practical musician who is enthused by both the curricular and co-curricular music provision
- be able to stretch and challenge able students to achieve highly
- provide extensive opportunities outside of the classroom that inspire and engage
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful and innovative music department, teaching Years’ 7 to 13
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where co-curricular activities flourish and where teachers are encouraged to express and voice their ideas to generate a passion for their subject
- an exceptional CPD provision tailored to your needs including a well-developed NQT programme
- the opportunity to join a wide range of teacher led working parties focusing on whole school initiatives or areas of research and development
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school, please see www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 22 May 2017
Interviews: Thursday 25 May 2017
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.