Fantastic opportunity for a creative and forward thinking Music Teacher or Specialist
Fantastic opportunity for a creative and forward thinking Music Teacher or Specialist to have a big impact in our rapidly improving school and lead the provision of music.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and inspirational Music Teacher or Specialist to join us at Southgate Primary School. We are looking for a Music Teacher/Specialist to promote and develop music within the school, who is either a Qualified Teacher, or has a proven track record and experience in delivering music in a school setting.
The successful applicant will have a real passion for delivering music lessons to children in a fun and creative way, and will generate music based opportunities both in school and in the wider communities. You will be a vital member of our team, working within a well- resourced environment with children who are keen to learn and like to be challenged.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to set up a music provision and resource it as they see fit and be well supported by the use of a range of Apple technology. They will devise a modern, creative and progressive music curriculum to engage children and create a love of music.
Southgate is a two entry school on an exciting journey to reinvent itself and become a 'Good' school. We pride ourselves on the commitment and dedication of the entire staff body. We proudly promote our passion and desire to assist in the educational development and enhancement of each and every child within our school. With our plans well underway to refurbish our primary school, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Be part of our creative and passionate team as we plan the next step on our journey, and Grow, Learn and Flourish within GLF Schools.
We can offer you:
• The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
• An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
•New top of the range computer facilities to aid Teaching and Learning
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Excellent CPD opportunities
The ideal candidate will:
• be passionate about music and instilling performance opportunities for our children
• have a clear vision for the music curriculum in a primary setting
• be willing to embrace technology to support the effective teaching of music
• be committed to ensuring that all children achieve their very best.
• be willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice.
• be able to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
• be able to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations.
• be able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children and support them in become lifelong learners.
Interviews: Monday 5th February 2018
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.