Icknield Community College
Main Pay Range (TLR subject to experience)
Icknield Community College and the Acer Trust are passionate about supporting the arts, including music. Currently, for example, we are involved in a £15,000 project funded by Artswork, supporting the development of music, drama and art across the Trust.
Our music department is an active one. We hold regular concerts across the year and, over the past two years, the school has supported a wide range of music events and trips, including a term-time school choir trip to both Lake Garda, Italy and Barcelona.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic Teacher of Music to develop our music provision further.
Our successful candidate will be:
- Thoroughly committed to enabling all students to reach their potential
- A creative and forward-thinking teacher who places high value on their own professional development in order to improve continuously as a practitioner
- Motivated, resilient and flexible
- A team player
- Committed to achieving a work/life balance and maintaining their own interests outside of teaching
We will offer our successful candidate a school which:
- Exists to serve its students and both support and challenge its staff
- Focuses relentlessly on improving teaching and learning in order to raise standards
- Enjoys positive relationships between staff and students
- Knows every individual student well because of its size
- Is on an upward trajectory and excited about its future
Icknield Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff must have a full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Certificate before commencing employment which the school will process on appointment.
Applications close on Monday 19 June 2017 - 10am
Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 22 June 2017
Start Date: September 2017