Smart Teachers are recruiting for a Music Teacher / SEN Teacher to join an Ofsted graded ‘Outstanding’ SEN Secondary school located in Islington (N5). The start date for the role is January 2018 and will initially be on a temporary basis, however there is a potential for this role to go permanent. The teacher need to either have some previous experience in teaching pupils in schools specialising in ASD, or moderate learning difficulties, or have a passion for working in this environment. For applicants interested in taking on extra responsibilities there is an opportunity for a TLR and you would receive a competitive salary in line with the MPS. This role is suitable for both experienced teachers and NQT’s, so all applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Role
· Music Teacher / SEN Teacher
· Experience in strings and technology is required
· SEN role specializing in MLD and ASD
· Temporary contract with potential for this role to go permanent
· MPS Salary £27,000 - £35,000 per annum – depending on experience
About the School
· SEN School specialising in MLD
· Ofsted rating “Outstanding”
· Excellent opportunities for career progression
· Well-resourced and each classroom has an interactive whiteboard
· Support during lessons is excellent with up to two teaching assistants per class
· Nearest station is Highbury and Islington
In order to be considered for this role, the Music Teacher / SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Experience of teaching SEN is desirable
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number KJCA48536.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.