We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated music teacher for Years Prep to 6 to join our school community.
The music teacher is responsible for all aspects of the planning, preparation and delivery of effective learning and teaching programs. This role includes taking senior and junior choir, supporting liturgies and whole school concert events.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• High degree of proficiency in at least one instrument.
• Enthusiasm for music and teaching.
• Able to communicate musical concepts and instructions clearly.
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment,
• Patient when dealing with students of differing abilities
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Peters is situated in the southern suburbs of Brisbane and has an approximate enrolment of 520 students. St Peter’s was founded by the Presentation Sisters in 1976. Our school’s vision and mission ask us to be a community in faith, a community in learning and a community in peace. “Learning through Christ" is our school motto, recognizing that our Catholic school is centred around the teachings and actions of Jesus. Our story is particularly influenced by 3 key people of faith – St Peter, St Mary of the Cross MacKillop and Nano Nagle. St Peters focuses on students growing academically, displaying a love of learning and forming spiritually to be able to transform and enrich our world.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 2 days/wk (12 hrs/wk) - days negotiable
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Bronwyn BUuckley
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3341 4800
Contact Email: email@example.com
Brisbane Catholic Education