The International School of Como is a lively, friendly and expanding school located in the Como area. Our mission is to empower all students to be active, reflective and responsible life-long learners who can achieve their full potential and contribute to an ever-changing world. Our ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and a constructivist approach to teaching and learning. We welcome applications from teachers who share this passion with us.
The International School of Como was founded in September 2002, to serve both Italian nationals looking for an international education and international families living in the Como area. ISC is an IB World School authorised for the PYP in 2006, and for the MYP in 2014. In September 2016, our first year of High School was opened. This is an exciting time to join our community as we expand our High School programme and as we apply for authorization to open our first class of the IB Diploma in September 2018. This will include an extension to our current premises, built to meet the growing needs of our School and developments in new educational research.
ISC currently has an enrollment of 280 students representing over 38 nationalities, with over 54 dedicated faculty and administration. More information and details regarding ISC can be found at www.iscomo.com
ISC seeks to appoint a teacher of Mathematics at Higher level to join a developing department in our new high school section and to contribute to the established MYP teaching team. This position is for a cross-section specialist, who will work with students in the all five years of MYP classes (age 11- 16) as well as DP classes. Applicants must have high school and middle School experience in teaching Mathematics (such as IB MYP, DP, IGCSEs, A-levels, AP) and be excited be excited by the challenge of contributing to the entire High school IB curriculum, using the best principles of current educational research. You will also understand the importance of being part of a department team and the faculty team as a whole.
The successful candidate will understand the importance of being part of a department team and the faculty team as a whole. An understanding of how to develop students whose first language is not English is essential.
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of a new secondary school, to a successful and growing department, in addition to teaching in the IB Diploma. There will be opportunities for professional development within this role.
- Hold an EU passport
- Appropriate degree and teaching certification
- Outstanding classroom results and experience with external exam preparation
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- A passion for education and working with students
- A team player who is willing to take a large active role in the development of the High School
- A desire to contribute and foster a positive IB learning community
- Ability to contribute to curriculum development in Math
- Ability to work as a team member within a department and in an interdisciplinary team
- Commitment to the IB standards and practices and to the IB Learner Profile
- Superior communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in an international or multicultural school
- IB Diploma and MYP experience
Salaries and Benefits
- Nationally competitive salary and benefits.
- The initial contract will be for a period of two years after which there may be the possibility of converting the contract into a permanent position of employment.
- Tax free status for two years if moving from outside of Italy
- Moving and settling in allowance
Please apply directly to the Head of School including as, one attachment, a letter of application which addresses the specific post criteria above and resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact numbers of three referees. email@example.com
Deadline: June 30th , 2017
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Skype and face-to-face.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the position will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to this date.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record checks.