Brookes Moscow and Saint Petersburg have entered an exciting new year of growth, following the successful opening of both schools in 2018/19. As a result, we are seeking to appoint a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic Teacher of Science to join our successful Upper School Team in Saint Petersburg. The school will be running the AP Programme in Years 11-13 and MYP in Years 7-10. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be suitably qualified to teach across this age range in a variety of science disciplines.
Brookes Saint Petersburg is seeking candidacy for the IB programmes of PYP, MYP and DP. It is expected to reach full accreditation by the end of 2021 and become a full IB World School. The school is also seeking membership from the Council of International Schools. Brookes Saint Petersburg is closely aligned with Brookes Moscow, and opportunities will be available to be linked to both schools in the future.
The school is growing fast and resides in one of the most convenient areas of central Saint Petersburg. Brookes Saint Petersburg will have a capacity of 250 students and is expected to reach this in the coming year.
The school boasts convenient access for its clients, small class sizes of up to 16, a committed staff of both expatriate and local hire, dedicated science laboratory, with supporting technician onsite.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Qualified with a relevant degree and PGCE or BEd with QTS, or equivalent
• A passion for teaching and a commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism
• Qualified to teach Science in at least 2 disciplines to Year 13
• An ability to teach all 3 sciences in AP and to Year 13 Level
• The ability to offer general sciences as well, would be advantageous
• Experience of teaching the IB
• Knowledge of working with EAL students
• International School experience
Successful candidates will be offered:
• A fixed term contract with the option to extend on completion of the first
• Competitive salary
• Generous travel allowance
• Visa costs covered
• Fully furnished accommodation
• Full health insurance package
• 100% tuition fees
• Free use of pool
• Free Russian language lessons
All interested applicants are encouraged to send your C.V, a cover letter, a photo taken in the last 6 months and the names and contact information of 3 references, one being your current Head of School. These should be sent to our HR Department with the subject heading: TEACHER OF SCIENCE APPLICATION and to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 24th July 2019
Early applications are encouraged as Skype interviews will be scheduled immediately for suitable candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about our school please visit our website: www.moscow.brookes.org or our Facebook page.
Brookes Moscow is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS/police check.