SEK International School Qatar is located in the prominent West Bay, Al Farouq Street in Doha, Qatar. Our aim at SEK International Schools is to provide a high quality international education through the development of our students’ abilities to the highest level of their potential.
SEK-Qatar offers education in English from Preschool 3 to Grade 12 with access to study Spanish and Arabic as additional languages. A truly International IB World School, we have more than 55 Nationalities represented amongst our students, we are authorised to offer the PYP, MYP and Diploma Programmes and we are NEASC accredited.
We are seeking candidates for 2022-2023 academic year:
Ensure that the daily operation of our Middle School reflects the school mission and values and that those are implemented through the IB Middle Years Programme.
• Contribute to the design of the strategic plan of the school.
• Keep abreast of educational developments and research in the age range related to the MYP.
• Provide pedagogical and administrative leadership with a focus on developing learning and teaching.
• Work in collaboration with the Director of Learning & Teaching, PYP and DP coordinators to oversee IB evaluation visits and action plans.
• Ensure high standards of teaching and learning through regular classroom visits, co-teaching and supporting teachers in their own professional learning.
• Ensure that the IB Standards and Practices and Programme requirements are implemented in the school. This includes:
a. Review, development and promotion of the programme implementation throughout the school and the school community
b. Organization and leadership of MYP meetings/workshops for parents or others related to the programme, at the Head of the School’s request.
c. Organization of the MYP Teachers’ Professional Development Plan ensuring teachers are in compliance with the IB requirements in this regard.
d. Organization and leadership of the collaborative planning process.
e. Design and implementation of the induction process for new teachers.
• Assume day-to-day responsibility for the management of Middle School student behaviour, attendance, and discipline in cooperation with tutors.
• Take a collaborative leadership role in the transition of students into MYP and DP.
• Develop the school timetable, duty, covers, rotas and other supervision according to academic and balanced wider curriculum requirements.
- Extensive background in secondary curriculum, standards and pedagogy.
- 3 years experience in a leadership position.
- IB Educator Network member as a workshop leader, visiting team member or consultant is desirable.
- Teaching qualification.
- Relevant experience in MYP and DP teaching and implementation.
- Familiar with IT tools (ManageBac).
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Fluency in English. Arabic and Spanish desirable.
- NEASC experience will be viewed favourably.
Job type: full time.
What we offer:
We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our teachers are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience.
We offer a highly competitive package based on candidate’s qualifications and experience.
In addition to an attractive tax-free salary we include:
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Housing allowance
- Free tuition fees for two school-aged children
- Annual flight allowance
- Great corporate discounts with many service providers in Qatar.