(3 part time roles)
Kristiansand International School has several vacancies for August 2018, due to expansion and staff turnover. These part time vacancies can be combined into a full time position for teachers with the right mix of experience or expertise.
• MYP PHE – part time. Candidates with previous experience teaching PE or coaching will be treated preferentially. IB experience will be a distinct advantage.
• MYP EAL – part time. Candidates with previous experience of teaching English as an additional language in an English speaking school are preferred. IB experience will be a distinct advantage.
• Learning Support teacher – part time. The LS teacher at KIS coordinates the work to support students academically within the school and works with outside agencies. Previous experience in a student support role is a requirement for this post, and IB experience will be a distinct advantage.
A strong candidate will have most, if not all, of the following attributes:
• A recognised teaching qualification
• Native-level spoken and written English language
• Experience of teaching in an international setting
• Experience and recent training in IB programmes
• Examples of recent innovation in the classroom and an analytical approach to its success
• The flexibility needed to work in a small school
Application should be made by CV and a covering letter (in English) that outlines your educational philosophy, your beliefs about teaching and learning in an IB international school and some details of your recent practice. Details of at least two referees should also be included, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. The deadline for applications is March 5th. Applications should be sent by email to the principal, email@example.com. Inquiries and questions before completing an application are welcomed by the school at the same email address.
Applicants will be required to have their teaching qualifications recognised by UDIR (the Norwegian education department), and will need to present recent police checks from the last two countries of residence. More information is available here.