Scarisbrick Hall School is looking to appoint a Netball Coack to deliver a high-quality netball coaching programme at Scarisbrick Hall School, that is dedicated to the improvement of the technical and tactical ability of our pupils and therefore develops an improved level of performance. The post holder will deliver netball coaching within our Scarisbrick Hall Performance Pathways, Curriculum lessons along with training and fixtures for our Sixth Form squad.
The Netball Coach will work directly with and be line managed by the Head of Faculty - Sport and PE.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To deliver a high-quality coaching programme, focused on the development of the individual ability of our students.
• To develop netball specific training camps outside of the school term.
• To undertake the necessary planning for each activity session to ensure the programme demonstrates progression throughout, linked to the principles of long-term success.
• To attract new participants of all levels and create pathways for continued participation.
• To ensure all equipment associated with the coaching programme is correctly set up, maintained, stored and returned on completion of the coaching programme
• Promote and increase awareness of netball within Scarisbrick Hall School and externally, via role modelling SHS high standards and outcomes.
• To implement appropriate Health and Safety policies and procedures in line with SHS and the relevant National Governing Body policies.
• To adhere to the Staff Code of Conduct and the relevant National Governing Body Code of Conduct.
• To provide appropriate mentoring, support and guidance to other coaches, players and student volunteers.
• To continually monitor and evaluate all sessions, activities and programmes and provide the Head of PE and Sport with concise progress reports and training logs linked to agreed work programmes.
• To take responsibility for their own continuous professional development and attend relevant training courses to improve their coaching delivery
• Hold a Level Two Netball Coaching Qualification
• Hold a level 3 Coaching Qualification
• Hold a valid First Aid Certificate
• A minimum of 2 years sports coaching experience in a paid or voluntary capacity, ideally in a range of environments including schools/clubs/community/third level settings
• Have professional playing or coaching experience.
Skills & Competencies
· Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and to have the ability to delegate effectively
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong planning ability with excellent organisational skills
· Ability and willingness to work outside of normal hours including evening and weekends
· Must be self-motivated with the ability to enthuse a wide range of participants
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to manage a group of participants effectively
· Solution orientated
· Resilient with a can-do attitude.
The closing date for applications is the 30th of September.
Job Type: Full time