Description of Role
We are looking to appoint a Network Manager to lead an IT team of 4.
The successful candidate will be expected to line manage the IT team. This will include a significant amount of project work in order to continue developing the IT at Yateley School.
Other main duties include:
• Supporting a clustered virtual platform, with over 600 desktops in 4 main areas.
• Support of a fully HP segmented network
• Responsible for all areas of the network and server architecture and liaise with the appropriate companies for other hardware support such as the VoIP telephone system.
• Responsible for the running of the BYOD scheme, including sourcing appropriate hardware, organising in house repairs and claims when devices are damaged
• Supporting the school’s internal cloud for BYOD connectivity, organising training sessions as and when that is needed.
• Responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems and equipment within the school.
Qualifications / Experience
• Experience of a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scheme. (Desirable)
• Knowledge of Smoothwall filtering and firewall. (Desirable)
• Knowledge of Network Access Control Systems such as Bradford. (Desirable)
• SIMS.Net administration (Desirable)
• Demonstrable experience within 2nd line support or above (Essential)
• Experience acting as a project lead with good planning and budget management (Essential)
• Experience analysing hardware and procuring (Essential)
• Strong documentation and design knowledge (Essential)
What We Can Offer You
For the successful candidate we can offer:
• Supportive Team Environment
• Continued Professional Development
• Free On-Site Staff Car Parking
• On-Site Subsidised Fitness & Health Facilities
• On-Site Nursery Facilities
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Kevin Oxlade on 01252 746910 to arrange a visit.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing date for submitting your application is 12 noon on Monday 5th June 2017.
Yateley School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.