Harris Academy Morden opened on 1st September 2012 with specialist status for Enterprise. The academy is traditional in its approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. We have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. The academy's GCSE results in 2016 place us in the top 2% of schools nationally.
As our academy continues to expand, Harris Academy Morden is looking to engage with committed and inspirational trainees seeking their first post as an NQT, as part of an innovative and highly supportive academy team. We want to hear from trainee teachers who are interested to join one of our high preforming and thriving departments, with vacancies available across a variety of subjects including: Mathematics, English, Science, Drama, Music, History, Geography and Business.
As an NQT, you will follow our highly successful Harris NQT programme, training alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris.
Our NQT induction programme, delivered through our outstanding Harris Federation Teaching School Alliance, aims to welcome new teachers and build their self-confidence in the first few weeks of their career. There is regular contact with other NQTs within and across subject areas, including at our NQT Teaching and Learning conference each September. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning sessions throughout the year.
Every NQT has a professional mentor who works with you to make sure your training and support needs are met. You will have the opportunity to observe lessons being delivered by experienced teachers. There are also a wide range of additional programmes open to NQTs through the Teaching School Alliance to help you achieve your career ambitions more quickly.
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy we have a two week October half term holiday
- ‘A Good Academy with Outstanding Leadership & Management and Behaviour’: Ofsted Dec 2014
- A disciplined and well-organised place to learn and teach, with our recent Ofsted recognising the fantastic work to date in transforming this academy. Teaching and learning is at the centre of our drive for improvement
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will help lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes.
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack above, or contact the school on 020 8687 1157.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.