Situated in the centre of The Hague and enjoying an excellent reputation, the International department of the Dutch primary school The Haagsche Schoolvereeniging (HSV) has approximately 620 children (growing to 700+) following a full primary curriculum, delivered in English. The school teaches the UK National Literacy and Numeracy Strategies and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). We have 4 small locations, each serving the expat population. This year, the Lighthouse International Special Education School formally joined the International department.
Non-class based primary teacher Vacancy- School Year 2020/21
If you are an international educator and interested in working in The Netherlands we are currently seeking applications for experienced, qualified and enthusiastic teachers for our primary school for the academic year 2020/21. Non-class based teachers offer onsite cover for sickness, leave and professional development opportunities. If you enjoy teaching all ages this could be the role for you!
We invest in our teachers through a professional development programme and support of other professional development opportunities.
We seek a team member who is passionate and committed to the learning and development of young children. It is essential that the successful candidate shows a willingness to work collaboratively and plan across the curriculum to meet the needs of learners, and have the desire to work closely with parents, support the school and participate in school events.
The suitable candidate would be a flexible teacher who is able to work in all classes (4-11 year olds) and across our mainsteam and more complex needs classrooms (Lighthouse Special Education).
We seek applications from candidates who possess the following qualities:
- good interpersonal and organisational skills
- flexible team player
- sense of humour
- good ICT skills
- a willingness to learn the Dutch Language
- ability to work independently
- experience of working with children with complex learning needs
- knowledge of the International Primary Curriculum and UK National Literacy and Numeracy Strategies is desired
All applicants must:
- have Qualified Teacher Status (Parts 1 and 2) (BEd or PGCE equivalent must be for primary education only).
- be fluent in English (C2 level)
- have experience of teaching the full primary curriculum to whole classes of children
- minimum two years teaching experience (NQTs are not eligible to apply)
- meet the requirements to live and work in the EU (eligible passport or visa)
Please send by e-mail:
- Details of your nationality
- A cover letter detailing your experience and your availability. We are particularly interested in your experience of working with children with complex additional learning needs.
- Details of two professional references
To: Mrs Lorraine Janet Dean
Closing date: 20th December 2019
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 1st February 2020, you should assume that you have not been successful.