Reports to: Maria Floud, Recruitment & Marketing Director
Start Date: Ideally by the 1st July 2019
Salary: £35-40k depending on experience and qualifications (+11% employer pension contribution)
About Now Teach Now
Teach brings experienced professionals into teaching.
Lives and careers are lasting longer. Now Teach helps people change profession and redeploy their talent and experience in the classroom. We support them through their careers to ensure they stay in education. Our aim is to address the crisis of recruitment and retention in the teaching profession, to ensure the students who need it most get the best education possible.
We aim to draw on the experience our teachers have from successful careers in industry and the public sector to inform the future direction of our education system and the teaching profession.
In the first two years of operation, Now Teach has attracted 4000 expressions of interest and we have successfully recruited 122 career changers into teaching. We have built a support programme to retain these teachers, reaching a 90% retention rate with 2018’s cohort. Our funding is from the Department for Education and philanthropic sources, allowing us to make an impact at a time when money in the profession is tight. We have expanded beyond our original region of London and Hastings to two additional regions across the UK (the West Midlands and East Anglia) and we are continuing to establish ourselves as a significant player in the sector.
We are looking for a positive, down to earth and target driven Recruitment Manager who is committed to Now Teach’s vision. They must have a strong track record driving volume recruitment whilst differentiating via their candidate experience.
Our Recruitment Manager will join a friendly and ambitious team. They will be primarily responsible for the operational management of all aspects relating to candidate recruitment and retention of the annual cohort (circa 120 for Sep 2020) before they join our programme.
It’s a fantastic time to join as we streamline and increase our recruitment. We need someone who has candidate experience, process efficiency and innovation at the heart of what they do. They will enjoy the challenge of doing something new in the market and being a pioneer enhancing our schools via an alternative talent pool of new teachers in the UK.
• Co-create and streamline ways of working so we are fit to hire the largest cohort of career changers into teaching in the UK
• Lead and inspire a small recruitment team ensuring everyone is engaged, high performing and happy
• Be responsible for ensuring the candidate pipeline is accurate and candidates move through our selection process with pace, quality and efficiently
• Lead the project to set up our selection metrics and Service Level Agreements and ensure we are on track to hit our annual targets
• Work with the team to ensure we have a season recruitment plan in place which will deliver only quality hires for our programme
• Lead an assessor refresher project – identify and onboard a strong pool of high-quality assessors who are trained, coached and scheduled efficiently
• Be an expert in our selection tools assessing candidates and communicating outcomes
• Become an expert in navigating teaching entry routes so you are insightful and a top-quality adviser for our expressions of interests and applicants
• Create a successful approach to direct sourcing so we build strong potential candidates for each season and our future talent community
• Work with other teams across Now Teach ensuring we are aligned; our messages are fit for purpose for our target audience and we have one slick approach to school matching and assessment of candidates
• Jointly create our expression of interest strategy so that we build a strong talent pool for this and future programmes
• Review our current recruitment software (Salesforce) redesigning our processes so it is fully utilised for the next recruitment season. Lead the review and suggest further system options for further seasons
• Be a market expert in recruitment building a strong recruiter network and knowledge of the market bringing innovation into how we operate – be on the look-out for how we become award winning and market leading
• Represent our organisation and talent spot at marketing events working to become the go to destination for late career changers into teaching.
o Strong technical skill and motivation to recruitment
o Robust communication and influencing ability
o Logical decision-making ability whilst being adaptable and operating well despite ambiguity
o Excellent leadership and friendly, likable team player
o Brilliant judgment with priorities and organised
To Apply: Please send a CV and a cover letter detailing why you would be a great fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working arrangements: Full time however open to flexible working
Safe Recruitment Procedure
Now Teach and Ark are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. To meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process and all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.