This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic Ofsted rated ‘good’ school where all can thrive. We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for Chemistry and Science, is innovative and committed to excellence and will enjoy working collaboratively to secure the best possible outcomes for our students. The Science Department is a highly successful and cohesive team who work effectively and supportively to ensure that our students make excellent progress and enjoy the Sciences. In 2019, our P8 score in Combined Science was 0.51 and for Chemistry was 0.5, testament to teachers’ commitment and passion. As a result, all three sciences are highly popular with our students at A level and our Level 3 Value Added score for Chemistry was 0.29 reflecting outstanding progress. We have a newly refurbished suite of laboratories which were designed by our Science teachers.
If you have a desire to work with young people from a diverse range of backgrounds and aspire to be an excellent role model - making a real difference to our children’s lives, then this is the role for you. We value diversity and welcome and encourage applications from people from all backgrounds. We are also committed to our staff and want to develop them to the full in a supportive environment and we have an excellent training programme for NQTs and for our colleagues at the early stages of their career.
St Ignatius College is:
• A highly respected, oversubscribed Jesuit Community with a rich history, committed to the spiritual, personal and academic development of each individual.
• A warm, friendly community where all are respected and valued
• A school where teachers are developed ‘’through a strong programme of ongoing individualised support’ and where leaders are ‘’without compromise in their continuing programme of improvement’’
• A school where students are courteous, respectful and keen to learn and succeed
• Teacher testimonial: “I feel that I have really grown professionally at St Ignatius College. Teachers are encouraged to take risks with their practice and the CPD is second to none. It is an incredibly supportive environment.”
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent, creative and enthusiastic teacher.
• Have a vision for what outstanding learning & teaching looks like and be committed to developing their own practice
• Understand the importance of assessment and feedback to support student progress
What we offer:
• Leadership Programme
• Progression Opportunities
• Teacher Training Programme
• Comprehensive CPD programme
• NQT Induction Programme with weekly support sessions
• Teaching and Learning Forum
• Professional Thursdays
• An experienced and dedicated staff who share their excellent practice with each other
• A collaborative, outward looking and over-subscribed school
• Excellent modern facilities in a well-resourced school, with access to free parking and swimming pool
St Ignatius College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years