We are looking for a dynamic and highly-skilled newly qualified teacher to join our excellent Maths department at Meridian High School. You will have a confident understanding of the curriculum for Science , and show a real passion for your subject. As a Maths teacher at Meridian High School, you will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth. Working as part of the GLF Trust comprising of 41 schools, we can support you with career pathways for progression.
This is an excellent opportunity for an NQT to begin their career within a growing Multi-Academy Trust.
About Meridian High School
Meridian High School is a forward-looking, dynamic Academy, on a journey of sustainable school improvement within GLF Schools. We believe education is about developing the whole person, within the school values of ‘resilience, ambition and respect.’
What we are looking for
• An outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare.
• Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs
Why work at Meridian High School
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal/career development.
• A Pension Scheme.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued worker scheme
Salary - MPR 1Hours - Full time
Fixed Term Contract - September 2021 - September 2022
Closing date for applications -26th March 2021
Interview date - TBC (interviews to take place via video call. Please note, we may invite candidates to interview ahead of the closing date, so please submit your application at your earliest)
Meridian High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Executive Headteacher's Welcome
Thank you for expressing an interest in Meridian High School.
Since the start of this academic year, I have been leading the strategic direction of Meridian as Executive Headteacher. Our Leadership Team are commi...