We are seeking to appoint a skilled and proficient NQT Modern Foreign Languages Teacher, to deliver high quality Spanish lessons across the school. We are looking for a passionate languages teacher who can bring global cultures to life, stimulate learners to step outside of their comfort zone, and maintain high levels of learning within a positive and fun language-learning environment. There will be the opportunity to teach across all the Key Stages, and work alongside a dynamic team of Language specialists. As an MFL teacher at Meridian High, you will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth. This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified teacher to begin their career within a growing Multi-Academy Trust.
Meridian High School is a forward-looking, dynamic Academy, on a journey of sustainable school improvement within GLF Schools. We believe education is about developing the whole person, within the school values of ‘resilience, ambition and respect.’
What we are looking for:
- Able to teach Spanish across all key stages
- Passionate about Modern Foreign Languages and committed to improving teaching and learning
- Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- The ability to work towards deadlines
Why work at Meridian High School:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal/career development.
- A Pension Scheme.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools Recognition of previous school continuous service
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued worker scheme
Salary - MPR 1
Hours - Full time
Start Date - September 2021
Closing date for applications -19th February 2021
Interview date - TBC (interviews to take place via video call.
Please note, we may invite candidates to interview ahead of the closing date, so please submit your application at your earliest)
Meridian High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Executive Headteacher's Welcome
Thank you for expressing an interest in Meridian High School.
Since the start of this academic year, I have been leading the strategic direction of Meridian as Executive Headteacher. Our Leadership Team are commi...