The Oratory Preparatory School (OPS) is an independent day and boarding school providing an enriched education to boys and girls aged 2 to 13. Benefitting from being part of the wider Bellevue Education group, we are committed to delivering exceptional teaching; combining the best of tradition with the latest innovations. Set within 65 acres of Oxfordshire countryside with outstanding facilities, we nurture happy, balanced, confident and inquisitive children.
The Nursery Assistants will be responsible for the day to day support, care and education of the children in the Little Oaks Nursery provision, ranging in ages from 2 to 4. Little Oaks is the Nursery provision for the OPS, which aims to provide the best possible education for its pupils, and staff are expected to maintain a very high standard. There are strong links and support from the Head of Early Years, Head of Junior Prep and the Senior Leadership Team. This role will report to the Nursery Manager.
These are full time roles (40 hours per week across four days), all year round, covering shifts between 7:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday.
There must be a willingness to contribute fully to the life of Little Oaks and the wider Junior Prep community.
- Provide appropriate care and supervision of the children at all times
- Promote a happy and welcoming atmosphere for children, parents, staff and visitors.
- Be responsible for assisting with a group of children, ensuring their personal and development needs are met.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures at all times
- Work with the Nursery Manager and Head of Early Years to ensure consistency across the classes in the EYFS framework, and policies.
- The ability to interact with children to impact on their teaching and learning.
- To be flexible with the working practices of Little Oaks. Be prepared to help when other areas of the department are short staffed or with domestic duties or other duties as specified by the Nursery Manager or Head of Junior Prep.
- To ensure that children are safe in the Nursery environment.
- Liaise with the Head of Early Years to ensure smooth transition for the children moving from Kindergarten to Reception.
- Attend INSET and Full staff meetings when required.
- Undertake any other professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the Nursery Manager eg. School trips, end of term plays
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
- NVQ Level 2/3 Early Years or equivalent
- GCSE English & Mathematics or equivalent at grade A-C
- Experience working with young children and/or in a nursery provision
- Understanding of the EYFS framework
- Excellent communication skills to deal with both colleagues and parents
- A passion for supporting children in education, be energetic, enthusiastic and motivated when working with 2 to 4 year olds.