Nursery Assistant - The post-holder shall carry out those responsibilities assigned by the Head as detailed below.
1. The Role
NVQ Level 3:
• To work under the instruction / guidance of teaching / senior staff to undertake work / care / support programmes;
• To enable access to learning for pupils in the EYFS and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
• Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
• Promote the School’s Safeguarding Policy throughout the Nursery being aware of the latest iteration of KCSIE.
• To make welcome new children and their parents.
• To liaise with parents on a day-to-day basis.
• To assist with the registration for both morning and afternoon sessions.
• To develop an awareness of the safety and security of their Early Years environment.
• To provide a happy environment in which the children are able to develop both personally and socially.
• To prepare and assist with all relevant areas of the EYFS curriculum.
• To make regular observations to support the ILD (interactive learning diary).
• To support the planning for the correct level of work for the class and for the individual needs under the direction of the Deputy Head of Nursery.
• To complete reports as directed and attend Early Years open days etc.
• To assist and supervise children on outings and providing suitable stimulation for learning on the outing and back-up teaching resources on return to Nursery.
• To assist staff in creating displays of children’s work.
• To assist in changing children for swimming as required.
• To support the work of the FoP assisting at such functions as the Christmas Fayre etc.
• To be part of a team when working on any events for the Nursery.
• To be with the children at lunches and encourage healthy eating.
• To work as part of a team with regards to the duty rotas.
• To work with other Early Years staff to provide a consistent standard of education and pastoral care for the children.
• To undertake any continuing professional development as may be deemed necessary or desirable.
• Take part in the Staff Professional Development (Appraisal) scheme.
This Job Description is not intended to be all embracing and the post holder shall be required to carry out any reasonable requests by the Head for the betterment of the School, commensurate with training and experience.