Are you passionate about working with children? Would you like to be a part of an ‘Excellent’ Nursery and School?
Yateley Manor School would like to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic Nursery Practitioner to join our successful Nursery to help enhance the learning experience of children attending our Early Years setting.
The Yateley Manor School Nursery is an innovative, creative and nurturing environment which provides a secure, gentle introduction to school life. Our focus is on balancing active, play-based learning with carefully structured teaching. Children keenly engage in creative play, singing songs, role-play and story time as well as small group teaching of numbers, letters and even French. The Nursery is situated in an attractive, purpose-built secure building with bright, well-equipped rooms and a large, imaginatively designed outside play area.
We have a reputation for providing a rich and stimulating education to children aged 2 - 4 years. With a strong set of plans for the future, this is an exciting opportunity to join our Nursery team.
Hours of Work
This is for a full time position that includes working during the school holidays, 47.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
All applications must be made on the school application forms available which can be found below and is also available on the school website. The school will only shortlist for interview upon receipt of completed school application forms.
Role & Responsibilities
- To assist providing a caring, stimulating environment that is appropriate for individual children and enables them to reach their full potential.
- To work within the Childcare Act and Local Government guideline standards.
- To work closely with the Nursery Manager to follow the planning and deliver it in a way that enables children to learn according to the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To establish and maintain positive relationships with children and their families in a way that values parental involvement.
- To lead and manage a group of children, including planning and delivering adult lead activities with the group on a daily basis.
- To keep observations and assessments of children’s development in appropriate Key Worker groups and to keep accurate records of the children’s achievements.
- To provide a service that respects children’s life experiences and celebrates diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion.
- To work effectively as part of a team, to follow rotas and work collaboratively, to respect and value each member of the team.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Previous nursery experienced desirable with at least one year experience.
- Desirable for candidate to have Level 3 NVQ or equivalent qualification in the EYFS.
- Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of day care for young children.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of child development and parenting.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relating to day care for young children and the inspections process for approval of day care settings.
Yateley Manor School complies fully with the DfE Guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post holder is expected to share this commitment and comply with all associated internal policies and procedures.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
We reserve the right to interview candidates and appoint in advance of the closing date.
If you would like more information please contact Carly Skillett, Assistant Head (Lower School) using email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.