Avalon International School (AIS) in Miskolc, Hungary, is seeking to appoint enthusiastic Nursery Teacher starting from August 2021!
If you want to join a lovely and supportive nursery in Hungary, take the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
AIS is committed to creating a community, which is focused on individual learners, nurturing their gifts and talents, and helping them become responsible global citizens and internationally-minded young people.
In the Early Years Foundation Stage Programme, our emphasis is on the Personal, Social and Emotional Development of the children, their Physical Development as well as Communication and Language.
We are a member of the NDNA nurseries and we use UK curriculum standards, EYFS content, skills and outcomes for lesson planning.
Outdoor activities are also planned to ensure students develop their physical skills and have a happy and healthy approach and inquiry in the world.
In the Early Year classes, the maximum number of children in each class is 16. The faculty works together to create a high-quality educational plan and a comfortable learning atmosphere for all children.
Subject to the policies of the nursery the duties of Early Years teachers are to perform such related to the following categories:
- Teaching assigned nursery group together with associated preparation
- Helping in developing the nursery curriculum which is based on the EYFS curriculum
- Recording and reporting the work of children
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of children
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development
- Participating in issues related to nursery planning, raising achievement
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the nursery
- Have a teacher’s degree (nursery, early years’ teacher)
- Able to relate well to children
- Promote positive ethos and be a good role model
- Be a good team player
- Be flexible and joyful
- Be hardworking
Advantage to win the position:
- Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend pupils’ learning experiences
- Experience working in international schools/nurseries
- Free meals at the school
- Competitive salary
- Annual contribution to traveling home
- Lively school community, team building events
- After school sport opportunities (Teachers’ basketball and Zumba team, …)
Information about the School:
Avalon International School creates a new, inspirational and modern learning environment for the children. AIS is also committed to establishing a community, which is focused on individual learners, nurturing their gifts and talents, and helping them become responsible global citizens and internationally-minded young people.
Our aim is to educate pupils to become responsible as well as open-minded, independent learners and decision makers.
- by the foot of a mountain range
- ideal place for hiking
- a university town
A short video of Miskolc:
Our school’s website:
What documents do we expect?
- Curriculum vitae
- A proof of qualification
- Advantage: Reference letter from previous nursery or school
Avalon International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 12 years