2 Term Contract
Sacred Heart is a vibrant two form Catholic inner city primary school, with an attached ASD base. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Early Years teacher to join our, friendly team of staff in the nursery to cover a maternity leave. Our children are lively and a pleasure to teach, they will welcome you wholeheartedly to the Sacred Heart community. This post will suit someone who has a passion for teaching young children, whose main aim is to nurture and support our youngest and most inquisitive learners. Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
A practicing Catholic would be preferred, but applications from candidates who are supportive of our strong Catholic ethos are very welcome too.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent class practitioner for our nursery children and will provide the highest quality early years teaching and learning experiences.
- Have an excellent understanding of the EYFS curriculum and know how very young children develop and learn.
- Have a clear commitment to developing all pupils, raising standards and accelerating pupil's progress.
- Have secure EYFS subject knowledge with literacy and numeracy skills in particular.
- Have experience in using EYFS assessment data to inform the learning provision to meet the varied needs of children in their class.
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively within a church school ethos and the wider school community.
- Be fully committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all pupils.
In return we can offer:
- A well-resourced and well staffed Nursery and EYFS team in a friendly and supportive working environment.
- A proactive and enthusiastic staff team dedicated to nurturing and teaching young children.
- Well behaved and motivated children.
Visits are warmly welcomed and car parking facilities are available.
For further information and to apply please download an application and details from below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/. Alternatively please contact the school for any further details on the telephone number below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com, post or fax.
Closing date: 17 November 2017 (at noon)
Interview: Week commencing 20 November 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.