Closing date for applications is Thursday 19th May. Interviews will take place from Monday 24th May or before for a right candidate.
Little Wetherby, the nursery department of Wetherby School, are looking for a career minded and enthusiastic nursery assistant to join our team from June 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified, imaginative and driven assistant who wants to join an innovative, forward-thinking and committed team.
The successful candidate will have Early Years experience and be a dynamic and engaging professional. Those wishing to apply should hold an NVQ Level 3 or above qualification.
The Nursery Teaching Assistant will be working alongside the Nursery Teachers to care for the daily needs of children, and their learning environment, between the ages of 2.5 and 4 years old.
• Working co-operatively with other teachers and assistants in the class
• To understand what constitutes quality care and education
• To have a thorough knowledge and understanding of child development
• To be prepared to implement the Early Years Foundation Stage
• To demonstrate a thorough knowledge of safeguarding children
• To understand what constitutes good health and safety practice
• To ensure that best practice is employed within our Early Years setting
• To be responsible for the maintenance and resourcing of the outdoor area.
• To show personal and professional integrity and confidentiality
• To provide a warm, caring and stimulating environment for the children
• To provide an environment free from sexual and racial stereotyping
• To build strong links with parents and liaise with parents as required
• To contribute to children’s online Early Years Profiles
• To contribute to updating ‘Firefly’, Wetherby’s Virtual Learning Environment.
• To work effectively within a team and give support to colleagues
• To attend and contribute to staff meetings, training sessions and inset days
• To have a high regard for the culture of the school and Alpha Plus Group
General Duties (as and when needed)
• Preparation, maintenance and tidying up of all equipment / areas within the school, inclusive of outdoor areas
• Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment
• Take children to the loo / deal with accidents if required
• Setting up / tidying up the classroom
• Preparation of art materials and educational activities as planned with class team
• Maintaining educational tools such as sharpening pencils, washing paint or glue utensils
• Liaising with the team on purchasing resources according to the planning
• Prepare children’s work to be taken home, ensuring all is clearly, neatly and correctly named
• To attend events specifically related to the nursery school, as defined by the Head, where necessary outside of allocated school hours such as Parents’ Evenings and EYFS evenings
• Note: This job description is indicative of the duties and responsibilities of the post but does not form part of any contract of employment. All jobs within the school evolve over time and their features vary from year to year.
Wetherby School is a thriving and highly successful non-selective, independent school in Notting Hill with 360 boys, aged 2 ½ to 8. The school is heavily oversubscribed and extremely successful in securing pupils’ entry into the preparatory school of their choice. It is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools, which is one of the country's leading educational groups.
The Alpha Plus Group has its own salary scale, which is above the Central London Maintained Scale. A salary will be in the range of £24,000 to £27,000 per annum, dependent on experience and qualifications, will be offered to the successful candidate. The position is term time only and you would be working 40 hours per week.
Wetherby School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all Wetherby staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance along with other relevant pre-employment checks. References will be taken up and carefully checked.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Kensington and Chelsea
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Early Years
- Boys school with students of age 2 - 4 years