30 hours per week, term time only
‘The Headteacher’s vision for the academy is captured by the academy’s motto: ‘Making our best better’. Leaders and staff share this ambition and expectations are high’. Ofsted 2016
Anglesey Primary Academy is an exciting and vibrant place to work that is forward thinking with dedicated, hardworking staff who are committed to serving a culturally and linguistically diverse community. The Academy was graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in January 2016. The Academy, based in Staffordshire, opened December 2012 and is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). The Academy is a large 3 form entry Primary Academy with 588 pupils. Approximately 81% of children are bilingual or multilingual and there are 27 different languages spoken within the Academy.
We are looking for an experienced practitioner who has high expectations for all children and believes in teaching and delivering a stimulating and creative curriculum.
You will have:
- A genuine, professional interest to provide high quality teaching for all children
- A commitment to sharing responsibility for raising standards and improving challenge
- The ability to work effectively independently, as part of a team and with the wider community
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Commitment, energy and enthusiasm
- Flexibility in duties and approaches
- High expectations and enjoy being a member of a team.
- A Level 3 qualification in Early Years Care and Education (or similar)
- The ability to work in partnership with parents and the wider community
- The ability to significantly contribute to the creation of a stimulating learning environment
- Secure knowledge and understanding of early development and learning through play.
- Previous experience of working in the Early Years Setting
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, happy and well behaved children
- Friendly, committed and supportive staff, parents and Management Board
- A welcoming and warm working environment where everyone is valued and respected
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This is a fixed term position until 31 August 2018 and is required to commence as soon as possible. Interviews are scheduled to take place on Monday 30 October 2017.
Visits to the school are very welcome, please contact Chrissie Allen, Assistant Headteacher EYFS, firstname.lastname@example.org in order to arrange.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.