Nurture Mentor Post
The Headteacher and Governors of William Bellamy Primary School are seeking to appoint a Nurture Mentor to join our hardworking, dedicated, inclusive team. We are looking for someone who will work under the guidance of the Nurture Lead but can also use their initiative at times. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, creative and able to engage and inspire students.
William Bellamy is a large, vibrant and diverse 5 form entry primary school in East London. We have fantastic pupils, who are respectful, well behaved and are constantly striving to achieve their full potential. We work hard to ensure we create a very nurturing and supportive climate in our school in order to enable our talented pupils to flourish.
The post will require a professional with an understanding of the functions of a nurture room to deliver a high level of SEMH support through the use of diverse and bespoke strategies and interventions The role of the appointed candidate will be expected to contribute to the progressive success of our well established nurture provision, the candidate may also be expected to deliver in class support for pupils with a barrier to learning. In addition, the successful applicant must be willing to work outside of the normal school day – i.e. to attend staff/team meetings.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a knowledge of the six nurture principles
- Have an understanding of the functions of a nurture provision in a mainstream setting;
- Have experience of team teach or positive handling strategies;
- Be an excellent practitioner;
- Experience of working within a school environment;
- Experience of working with pupils with SEMH needs;
- Experience of delivering effective interventions;
- Have the ability to work independently;
- Excellent behaviour management skills;
- Have a willingness to develop skills and undertake training;
- Be highly motivated, resourceful and keen to ensure the highest possible standard of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved;
- Have a vision for achieving excellence and an absolute belief in the potential of all children;
- Have the energy and enthusiasm to realise this vision;
- Display a balanced and healthy state of emotional wellbeing as the post requires a high level of emotional energy and resilience.
Our school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and we implement all elements of the safer recruitment process.
We actively encourage candidates to visit our school. Please phone the school office to arrange an appointment.
If you are interested in joining us, please see our website http://www.williambellamy.co.uk/vacancies/ for application packs or contact the school office on 020 8270 6506.
Closing date: Friday 24th January 2020
Short listed candidates will be contacted the following week for an interview/intervention delivery
‘The Council operates a no smoking policy and offers a smoke free work environment’
William Bellamy Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people; this post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service undertaken on all applicants"