Are you an efficient administrator looking for a term time role where you can support the children in our wonderful school? We have an opportunity for an experienced and proactive administrator to join our friendly, welcoming and busy team.
Windmill and Wheatfield schools are growing schools, both based in brand new, exceptionally well-resourced buildings, purpose built for children aged 4 to 11 years. Each school has been adding a year group each September and will be full to capacity in September 2020. As well as thriving academically, we believe that it is important for children to build the social and emotional skills that lead to resilience and the ability to embrace challenges and change. These skills will also enable them to develop as responsible citizens who actively contribute to society. Above all though, we aim to stir in children a passion for discovering the things they excel at and to develop the capability and confidence to pursue them actively throughout their lives.
We are currently seeking talented individuals who share our vision of high aspirations, outstanding achievement and passion for learning to join us and work as part of our front office administration team.
We are seeking individuals with the skill and experience to provide a diverse range of secretarial and administrative duties for the school.
This is a busy and varied role for someone who combines efficiency with a warm and welcoming approach and has the capacity to remain calm and cope with the unexpected.
They will be confident with the use of Microsoft Office, able to remain professional when handling confidential material, be an excellent communicator and ideally, have experience of working in a busy office environment within a school setting.
They will also be responsible for promoting a professional and friendly point of contact for parents, carers, and visitors to the school, ensuring all queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
We offer excellent CPD opportunities and career development within our family of schools and this is an exciting opportunity to join a supportive and committed team.
- the opportunity to join a small and friendly team where you can make a real difference to our children.
- a varied and interesting role where your contribution will be highly valued.supportive colleagues and senior leaders.
- access to excellent training and career progression opportunities through our partnership with GLF schools.
- a location with good road and public transport links.
- benefits including Local Government Pension Scheme
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent IT skills; competent using a range Microsoft packages and school based packages such as SIMS
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to remain calm when juggling priorities
- Preferably experienced in working in a school environment
- Educated to GCSE level with Maths and English.
Closing date: Friday 30th August
Start date: September / October 2019
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-4.30pm - or part time as a job share
Salary: £16,497 - £19,974 FTE - Please note, the successful candidate will have their FTE salary pro rata'd down dependant on the number of hours.
Please contact the GLF Recruitment Team on 020-8716-4987 for more information about this role.
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview prior to the closing date. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.