Permanent, 36.5 hours per week, term time only + 2 weeks
We are looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our administration team as Office Manager. The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach to their work and be able to communicate effectively with staff, pupils, parents and visitors.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has outstanding organisational skills and excellent administration skills.
- Has a professional attitude to their work.
- Is able to work under their own initiative and is able to motivate and lead a team.
- Has excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
- Has experience of managing people.
- Is able to work calmly under pressure.
- Administration experience is essential.
Handsworth Wood Girls’ Academy is an 11-18 comprehensive school in the north-west of Birmingham. Our student intake is from a variety of ethnic backgrounds, making for a very harmonious and happy school. Our Ofsted inspection in May 2014 graded the academy as Outstanding, stating that “the academy provides an exceptionally high quality of education, which results in students making outstanding progress.’
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Informal visits to the academy are most welcome. Please call the academy to make an appointment.
Closing Date: Friday 22 September at 9.00am
Further details and application forms can be downloaded from the website
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB check is required for all successful applicants.
Handsworth Wood Girls’ Academy,
Birmingham, B20 2HL
Tel: 0121 554 8122,
Fax: 0121 551 6805,