37 hours per week, 38 per week
Inspire their remarkable with us
Cottingley Primary Academy in Leeds is a positive, nurturing and inspiring learning environment that provides a happy, caring community where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals. Our children are keen to learn, are well behaved and want to achieve their best.
Here is an exciting opportunity to join our remarkable school, judged by OFSTED as a GOOD school in every area and with a strong leadership team and Early Years Provision (February 2019). We are a popular school in our community and within commutable distance of Wakefield, Leeds, Bradford and close to the M1 and A1 motorways.
We are looking to appoint an Office Manager to support the day-to-day running of the academy. You will be proactive, organised and creative. This role will suit someone with previous administrative experience and the ability to roll their sleeves up and find solutions within all areas.
In this role, you will:
- be responsible for the management of the administrative support function, ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient service;
- be responsible for personnel matters (in liaison with Hub HR support) and liaising with contractors, lettings and supporting with health & safety matters;
- be responsible for liaison with Finance Hub on financial matters relating to the school;
- act as confidential secretary/PA to the Headteacher;
- be a line manager to the office staff, as required, including work allocation, ensuring deadlines are met, quality of work is checked, through performance management.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Friday 18 October 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.