Location: Narrabundah, ACT
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $68,366 + Superannuation
Start Date: TBA
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Friday 17 September 2021
St Benedict's is a Catholic Primary School offering an excellent education in a Catholic tradition within a small and highly supportive community. The School educates boys and girls from many backgrounds and faiths from Kindergarten to Year 6 and through its student-centred learning and pastoral care nurtures all students as individuals, seeking to challenge, inspire, support and celebrate their efforts in growing and learning.
About the Role
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced Officer Manager to join our inclusive School community. The successful person will be someone who has a caring and warm approach to dealing with children and adults and is competent with the administrative and financial workings of a school setting.
- A commitment to the aims of Catholic Education and the ability to communicate these goals in a Parish Primary School setting;
- Proven professional experience and working knowledge with computer software packages including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and school programs such as MAZE;
- Requires knowledge or training equivalent to either a diploma or certificate IV with relevant work experience, a certificate III with extensive work experience experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or training. Post secondary qualifications in Finance is desirable;
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and good communication and interpersonal skills with a courteous and cooperative approach;
- Extensive experience in finance primarily in accounting principles, budgets, BAS and financial roll over processes;
- The willingness to attend professional development and meetings as required as well as to contribute to staff and community events;
- An ability to maintain confidentiality, work individually or collegially as part of a team;
- Additionally, to be successful in this role you will hold a Working with Vulnerable People card and either have, or be prepared to obtain, Senior First Aid qualification.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
Position specific queries: Please contact Rachel Smith on 02 6295 80 27 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn