Blackpool and The Fylde College sits in the heart of Lancashire and our mission is inspirational learning creating outstanding futures. Offering a wide range of courses from GCSE to Degree Level, we place the learner at the heart of all we do. As we are in the centre of Lancashire, we have access to fantastic transport links to Manchester, The Lake District and The Ribble Valley. All of which are within an hour travel time.
Summary of Responsibilities
- To manage staff and resources within the Curriculum Area with a strategic overview of designated portfolio of programmes. To take responsibility for business processes that ensures a high quality learning experience for all learners.
- To supervise the development and delivery of full-time and part-time programmes to achieve College and Curriculum Area objectives.
- To oversee the management of courses within the Curriculum Area.
- To work across the Curriculum Area in leading and co-ordinating curriculum development and teaching and learning strategies.
- To co-ordinate, manage and review Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Environmental issues across the Curriculum Area.
- Liaise with external bodies in maintaining and enhancing the profile and activities of the Curriculum Area
- To co-ordinate income generating projects and activities.
- To assist in co-ordinating the marketing activities of the Curriculum Area.
- To deputies and provide cover for the Head of Curriculum Area
Principal Duties of this Post
1. To lead in the delivery and management of Student Learning within the Curriculum Area to ensure a high quality learner experience.
2. To manage the Team leaders within their Curriculum Area and be responsible for performance management and implement improvement strategies including identifying opportunities, sharing good practice and identifying risks.
3. Maintain and promote the highest levels of Health and safety of our staff students and property at all times, ensuring continued compliance with college and national legislation, including but not limited to, LOLER/PUWER inspections, Health, Safety & environmental inspections, risk assessment review, SOP review, micro bacterial testing.
4. To assist in the management of resources effectively and efficiently in line with College procedures to ensure physical resources are used to their potential, this will include responsibility for marketing, financial budgets, HR, Management Information and Funding.
5. To develop and maintain effective communication within the Curriculum Area by undertaking regular meetings and updating staff on key issues as required by the Head of curriculum area.
6. To liaise directly with the Health & safety department to achieve an overall Green RAG rating for the curriculum area.
7. To be responsive and drive quality improvement within the Curriculum Area, and across College as appropriate, by working closely with staff, students and other stakeholders.
8. To be responsible for monitoring and using the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, i.e. Registers, e-Tracker, Moodle, HE Tracker, internal verification etc (This list is not exhaustive).
9. To be responsible for conducting staff development reviews of designated staff within their area.
10. To undertake observations of teaching staff to improve performance, celebrate and share good practice and inform staff development.
11. To assist with maintaining close and effective links with external academic, examination, professional bodies & industry, this may include attendance at exhibitions etc and overnight stays.
12. To meet all require key performance indicators i.e. recruitment, attendance, success rates and value added.
13. To strive to ensure outstanding experience for all.
14. To liaise with other parts of the Campus & College, curriculum areas to ensure the development of courses within the Curriculum Area.
15. To assist with the annual Curriculum Area self-assessment exercise and to monitor and evaluate performance within their Curriculum Area to ensure overall success of Curriculum Area performance, and overall College performance.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.