30 hours a week, 39 weeks per year
"There is no limit to what pupils can achieve and staff have an 'everyone can do it' attitude" - Oftsed - October 2018
"The wider curriculum inspires pupils. The classroom environments are truly exceptional and really immerse pupils in the curriculum theme" - Oftsed - October 2018
Newington Primary is a very special learning community. We are a 2 form entry primary based in Hull and proud to serve the communities of Central and West Hull. Over the last three years, significant investment in our building and commitment from our talented staff team has meant that attainment has risen and we are a securely ‘good’ school (Ofsted - October 2018).
The successful candidate will be working as a one to one teaching assistant for a child with SEN, supporting their individual social, emotional and learning needs and ensuring access to learning opportunities at Newington Academy. We are looking for somebody with commitment, energy and drive to join our team and work closely with staff to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils.
You will need to:
- Have a detailed understanding of the importance of positive behaviour management
- Complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision.
- Encourage and support a child with Special Educational Needs in line with their support plan and the academy’s targets and curriculum.
- Be flexible and have experience across all primary ages.
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
- Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils.
- Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written.
- Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
This post is fixed term until July 2022 and is required to commence December 2019. Interviews are scheduled to take place on Tuesday 3rd December 2019.
Closing date: Monday 25 November 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.