Are you an experienced, flexible and competent Operations Manger with exceptional interpersonal skills, seeking a challenging new opportunity? If so, you will be interested in this exciting opportunity to support our successful International School through our next stage of development.
About the School
Baleares International College (BIC) https://balearesint.net is the largest British-Curriculum school in Mallorca, providing education based on the English National Curriculum to approximately 600 students (from 3 to 18 years). The college comprises of two schools at separate sites, one in Sa Porrassa, on the south-west coast of Mallorca, and one in San Agustin, on the coast just on the outskirts of Palma.
We are accredited by the Spanish Ministry of Education, based upon inspection and recommendation by the British Council, and are a founding member of the National Association of British Schools in Spain (NABSS). The school is also a member of COBIS, the Council of British International Schools.
About the Opportunity
You will be primarily responsible for the management, development and oversight of all non-academic related activities at Baleares International College, including HR and Payroll, IT, Maintenance and Facilities. The post is due to start in January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter, depending upon candidate availability.
You will be responsible for managing and overseeing these operations to ensure the delivery of high-quality education, whilst adhering to regulatory, budgetary, quality and group standards at all times.
To match the expectations and reputation of Baleares International College and Orbital Education, we expect high quality and high standards from our staff. This role will ideally suit an intelligent, proactive, enthusiastic, ambitious and energetic person.
You should have an excellent track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams within a medium-large organisation or site, with previous management experience within a school or similar service environment. For example, this post may suit a Hotel Manager or General Manager from within the Hospitality or Service sector.
We anticipate the majority of applications will come from individuals already living on the Island of Mallorca or Mainland Spain. We are comfortable to accept applications from individuals elsewhere, providing they have firm plans to relocate to Mallorca. Although please note that this is not an international vacancy and does not benefit from International recruitment benefits, such as flights and relocation etc.
In particular, candidates should meet the following technical profile:
• Educated to Degree level and/or Management Qualification at a similar level.
• Multilingual (English, Spanish, Catalan)
• Extensive experience managing and supporting multiple functions such as site management and HR, ideally within a school or similar service sector (ie hospitality/services)
• Good working knowledge of employment legalities to understand key processes of people management, and working knowledge of Education.
• Strong organisational skills to prioritise work and manage time effectively particularly under pressure.
• Ability to work strategically, effectively prioritise and analyse issues to identify creative solutions.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner with all key stakeholders.
• Proven track record of promoting and delivering outstanding outcomes with effective cost management.
• Robust computer literacy, including advanced use of Excel.
For full details, please download the Job Description and Person Specification
Benefits of working at an Orbital Education School
Orbital Education https://orbitaled.com/ focuses on delivering the very best in British education to its students around the globe. It’s an expanding group with schools already in Spain, Hungary, Slovenia, China, Russia, Ecuador and the Middle East, with exciting plans to develop new schools across the globe. Key reasons to work at an Orbital Education School include:
1. Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and students worldwide.
2. Enhanced professional development opportunities, through partnerships with specialist learning providers to offer recognised and accredited professional development programmes.
3. Opportunities for both career development and movement within the group, providing the chance to see the world whilst progressing an attractive and rewarding career.
Applications – If this opportunity excites you, and you meet the requirements for this position, we would be pleased to receive your application to join our excellent and friendly school.
Applications should be made by e-mail, and include a supporting statement and an updated CV, including the details of two referees, one of whom should be your most recent employer.
Interested applicants should review the job profile, and ensure their supporting statement highlights their experience and impact to date, why they want the job and what impact they would expect to make. The application letter should be no more than 1000 words.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Thursday 9th December 2021.
However, interviews will take place on a rolling basis and recruitment may close early once the right candidate is found. Therefore early applications are encouraged to avoid disappointment.
Due to volume of anticipated applications, we will not be able to provide feedback to all candidates. If you have not been contacted by 31 December 2021 you should assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Safeguarding – Baleares International College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff and stakeholders to share this commitment. As part of the school’s commitment to safeguarding, all post-holders are subject to background checks and an International Child Protection Certificate administered by ACRO (https://www.acro.police.uk/icpc/ ) if they have ever worked or l ived in the UK, prohibition checks where appropriate and/or criminal records (police check) disclosure from their most recent country of residence.