An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic manager to develop their career within our passionate and ever courageous community
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value lead organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and demonstrate leadership and determination when leading our students and pupils within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing personal and team development. This is through Ark training schemes, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff. This is supported by the Ark rewards scheme offering reduced gym membership, free counselling and support services and other perks.
We are looking for an Operations manager who can oversea the facilities, health and safety, catering and all administrative work done within this busy school. This role is at the epi centre of our school and has a huge impact on creating a positive and productive experience for the students, pupils and all staff.
Reports to: Principal
Start date: May 2020
Salary: £43,404 - £49,208 dependent on experience
Closing Date: 28th April 2020 11am
All positions are subject to rigorous and stringent safeguarding and reference checks. This includes enhanced DBS checks and safer recruiting vetting checks.
• Be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, direct the strategic planning and decision making, leading staff training,
• Lead on the school’s operational requirements, including contract procurement, systems set-up, staff training and implementation of policies & procedures
• Work closely and liaise with the Ark HR, Finance and Premises to ensure that in-school processes, as applicable, are implemented and followed
• Manage the academy’s operational budget, ensuring that spend is managed in line with approved budgets and input into termly forecast/budgeting process, analysing and reviewing strategic plans for Academy’s operational areas
• Support the leadership team in developing the strategic approach for lettings and external revenue streams.
• Work with the Regional/Central Facilities Manager to project manage capital building projects, ensuring identifying appropriate funding sources, writing proposals for expenditure and delivery within scope, time and budget
• Lead the Office, Reception, Premises and Catering and service manager, ensure they are motivated, have high levels of commitment and productivity and perform well in their roles.
• Performance management and development of all operational staff.
• Be responsible for the day-to-day management of Health and Safety (H&S) within the academy, working with Ark’s central Head of Premises & Estates.
• Ensure the schools facilities are in consistent working order and the environment is one conducive to learning.
• Mange the administration and office staff to ensure its efficiency and strong communication between the school, parents and carers.
School ethos and culture
• Be committed to Bolingbroke Academy’s ethos of high expectations.
• Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its pupils can achieve.
• Work collaboratively with Ark Central and other academies in the Ark network, to establish good practice and offering support where required.
• Previous experience running the operations in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous extensive line management experience.
• Strong use of Microsoft office.
• Experience managing projects and working with external contractors.
• Experience managing a site’s health and Safety.
• Have a passion to learn and develop your practice through regular CPD and feedback.
• The ability to question and challenge the status quo and find new and progressive solutions to existing systems.
• The ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of students and pupils.
• Educated to degree level.
• Experience managing a team of Facilities staff.