Vision for Education are looking for an Outdoor Education instructor/support worker for a co-educational special school in North Yorkshire. The school educates and cares for pupils aged three to sixteen years with a statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education Health Care Plan, with a wide range of learning difficulties including:
• Moderate, severe and complex learning difficulties
• Speech, language and communication difficulties
• Physical and sensory impairments
• Social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
• Autistic Spectrum Conditions including Aspergers
We are looking for candidates to start work ASAP.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for: -
- Delivering high quality adventure activity on and off site.
- Provide a fun and safe experience.
- Ensuring all clients are correctly kited with safety equipment.
- Ensure that all kit is checked and returned to the stores.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 2 national governing body awards, ie, SPA,CWA, UKCC Level 1, DI, ML Mountain Bike Award etc.
You must possess the below
- Outdoor First Aid Qualification (min 16 hour)
- Experience delivering outdoor activities.
- A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education
- A DBS on the update service would be an advantage, however, we can processs a new DBS for you.
- A full, clean UK driving license.
- D1 mini bus would be an advantage.
Vision for Education
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of Vision for Education SEND Supply Team you will benefit from:
· Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Support throughout your placements
· Access to a dedicated consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
· Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
· Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
Apply today for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the SEND Team in Stockton on Tees.