Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint Outreach Tutors to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in various settings in March and the surrounding Cambridgeshire areas, tutoring young people on a 1:1 basis. This will begin initially on a day-to-day basis, starting from September 2018.
The desired Outreach Tutor will be teaching a variety of subjects up to GCSE Level, with a special emphasis on Maths, English and Science. You will be supported by outstanding and dedicated management teams, and be working alongside some excellent Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners. The successful candidate must have experience of teaching children and young people with behavioural difficulties and have the ability to teach stimulating lessons on a 1:1 basis with students. This role will not involve planning, but it will involve you teaching engaging lessons for the pupils you’re supporting.
This Outreach Tutor position will involve you teaching students in Key Stage Three (KS3) and Key Stage Four (KS4) that have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including; SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) Difficulties, Autism (ASD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) at Outreach Provisions in March and the surrounding Cambridgeshire areas.
The duration of lessons can vary depending on the students you are supporting as an Outreach Tutor, but sessions are typically 2-3 hours long per day. This role will be divided between working in SEND Schools /Alternative Provisions and working with young people in the community (such as Community Centres and Libraries). This is a term-time only position without guaranteed hours on supply.
*It is essential that you are flexible and able to travel to and from settings if required for this role*.
To be considered for the position as Outreach Tutor you must:
· Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), an Instructor Tutor qualification like Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) or be a qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA).
· Have experience teaching children and young people, including children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD).
· Have a passion for teaching and possess the ability to plan and deliver inspiring and engaging lessons
· Be flexible, adaptable and happy to travel around March and Wisbech
· Be able to work on a 1:1 basis effectively with young people
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of childcare practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as an Outreach Tutor, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you are an Outreach Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
For more information on this Outreach Tutor position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire from September 2018, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk