Outstanding Teacher of Arabic
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Arabic teacher to join our growing and ambitious Arabic department. This position represents a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a new, ambitious and innovative team where you will be able to play a leading role in driving both the direction of the department and promoting the love of the Arabic language. As such we are seeking a professional who is able to not only ensure high academic standards, but also, who can drive wider initiatives both in and outside the confines of the classroom. You will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative faculty with exacting standards. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department to help it to become a leading area of school life.
When you join the Kings’ family you will become part of a strategically connected group of schools, one of which is the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
As part of our drive for excellence Kings’ has committed to the John Hattie Visible Learning programme and is the only school in the Middle East working directly with the Visible Learning group. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- Bachelor of Arabic and Diploma in Education with minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor of Education in Arabic with minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor of Arabic and proof of registration in education diploma or programs in one of the UAE universities
- Experience of teaching GCSE or IGCSE is favourable
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- Good English language skills (Ideally at C2 Cambridge English - CEFR - or above)
- Strong ICT skills
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- The ability to adapt quickly to Kings’ fast-paced international, multicultural and demanding environment (Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential)
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form.
Closing date: 16 January 2020
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2020 and will be invited to participate in a thorough induction programme.