Outstanding Teacher of Business and Economics
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Business and Economics teacher to join our young and dynamic Business and Economics department. The department is currently in the first year of delivering both GCSE and A-Level courses and our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department, helping students to achieve excellent academic results whilst connecting them practically with the wider business world in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
This position represents a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a new, ambitious and innovative team where you will be able to play a leading role in driving both the direction of the department and opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship across the curriculum. As such we are seeking a professional who is able to not only ensure high academic standards, but also, who can drive wider initiatives both in and outside the confines of the classroom.
When you join the Kings’ family, you will become part of a strategically connected group of schools, one of which is the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
As part of our drive for excellence Kings’ has committed to the John Hattie Visible Learning programme and is the only school in the Middle East working directly with the Visible Learning group. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree in Business/Economics or a closely related degree
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience of teaching GCSE and AQA A-Level Economics (Though IB Diploma experience is also valuable and experience of delivering BTEC will be looked on favourably)
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- The ability to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international, multicultural environment (Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential)
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form.
Closing date: 31 December 2017
(The school will conduct initial interviews to early applicants via Skype and reserves the right to offer an ideal candidate the position before the closing date)
Interviews to be held in London from 15-21 January 2018.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.