Maharishi Free School wishes to appoint an outstanding French and/or Spanish Teacher for Key Stages 3-4
Part-time (.5) permanent. Maximum class sizes of 18 students. Start date September 2017.
The Maharishi Free School is an Academy situated in West Lancashire, north-west England in proximity to both Liverpool and Greater Manchester.
It is a wonderful place to be – a dynamic learning environment combined with a harmonious atmosphere where children aged from 4 – 16 receive the uniquely effective system of Consciousness-based Education. The School operates from two sites, Primary and Secondary, each with a Deputy Head.
Creativity and intelligence are systematically developed with a few minutes of Transcendental Meditation (TM) at the beginning and end of the school day. Scientific research – based upon more than 200 studies - has shown that the experience of restful alertness during TM brings balance to the whole physiology, making learning both enjoyable and successful.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to join a School with a very strong, shared and uniquely effective ethos which forms the basis of its success – Consciousness-based Education
- A School that was approved in the first round of Free Schools (2011)
- A School with an excellent reputation and small class sizes (18 pupils per class)
- A School graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted, whose focus is on the holistic development of the students
- Full onsite support for developing your understanding and practice of Consciousness-based Education
- Great staff and a harmonious working environment – where exceptionally high dedication is the norm and staff turnover is rare
- Position reports to Deputy Head, Secondary
We are seeking a candidate who will:
- ·Exhibit a passion for Modern Foreign Languages
- ·Radiate creativity and enthusiasm in the classroom
- ·Enjoy teaching, wherever you are in your career
- ·Have high expectations of yourself and pupils; and be experienced teaching French and/or Spanish to GCSE level
- ·Have a genuine commitment to learning about Consciousness-based Education
- ·Be able to/learn how to leverage technology into enhanced learning experiences for students
Closing Date: Apply Immediately
To apply please complete the online Application Form, and submit a covering letter of no more than two pages describing how you meet the job requirements listed, and why you are suitable for the position. You may email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website maharishischool.com where you will also find links to our Facebook page and YouTube channel. We would also welcome visits to the School by appointment. To arrange a visit, or to ask any questions please contact:
Richard Scott, Maharishi School Recruitment Panel
Email: email@example.com Phone: 01695 555 791
Interviews: Individual interviews will be agreed for a mutually convenient time.
Maharishi School Secondary is located on Woodley Park Road, Skelmersdale, WN8 6UQ