Trinity Catholic High School is an outstandingly successful and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive with 1680 students on roll. The school has been recognised as outstanding on five consecutive occasions by Ofsted and in our Section 48 inspection in December 2014. Our latest Ofsted inspection in March 2015 stated ‘the inspirational headteacher is passionately committed to helping every student develop a love of learning. Staff and governors share his enthusiasm and his very high expectations’; ‘a strong sense of shared moral purpose makes the school a very happy and purposeful place’. Our Catholic identity and mission spring from the passionate conviction that Christ and his church will transform the world through us.
Trinity wishes to appoint an enthusiastic and talented P/T Teacher of Psychology and Sociology to join our highly successfully school and Psychology department ASAP. All teachers in the Social Science department are expected to be able to teach Psychology to KS4 standard. Students follow the AQA syllabus at GCSE and ALevel. Social Science is a flourishing department; the quality of teaching is excellent as is curriculum quality.
Trinity seeks to provide a first - rate education to our students. Our pastoral care is exceptional as are the outcomes achieved by students at all key stages. In 2019:
• Percentage of 9-7 grades across the school: 38%. 34% of students achieved 5+ 9-7; 8% of all grades were the top grade 9.
• The percentage of students at 5+ in English and Mathematics is 68%; 86% attained the standard pass in both English and Mathematics – both significantly higher than national figures.
• In Psychology students attained 85%, 9-7 grades and in Sociology +40% A*-B at A’Level
• 106 grade 9s were awarded across all GCSE subjects.
• Progress 8 is +0.51 and well above the national average, top 15% of Schools.
• Attainment 8; 58.87 and above the national average of 46.55.
• A*-E in our sixth form of 480+ students is 97%.
This post would be suitable for an experienced teacher who, feels they can make a significant and positive contribution to the Psychology and Sociology Department and the school as a whole.
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please download an application form from the school website. We cannot accept CVs. If you have any queries, please email the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. Please note, due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for application forms is Sunday, 26th January 2020. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.