PA to the Headteacher
Required for September 2021
Salary: F9-F11 £20,903- £22,183
Actual Salary: £18,649-£19,803
Working Hours: 37 Per Week, Term Time plus 2 weeks
Working Pattern: Monday to Thursday 08.00-16.00. Fri 08.00-15.30
The Wellington Academy are seeking to appoint an ambitious and innovative PA to provide full administrative support for the Headteacher, Deputy Headteachers and ad hoc support to all Heads of Year and Student Managers.
Why choose us?
The Wellington Academy opened in 2009 to serve Tidworth, Ludgershall and the surrounding area: an area with a significant military presence. Consequently, we are proud to educate a large number of children from service families and with the growing super-garrison based on Salisbury Plain we expect our numbers to continue to rise.
The Wellington Academy joined the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust on 1st April 2020 and are following their approach to teaching. By joining the Trust, it brings a whole wealth of exciting CPD opportunities.
What we offer?
• A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location
• To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to learn and develop.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching
• Onsite parking
• Pension Scheme
• Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
• To provide an efficient, comprehensive and confidential support service to the Headteacher and to support the aims ethos of The Wellington Academy
• To Act as a ‘gatekeeper’ and manage the flow of contact to the Headteacher, filtering all communications and exercising judgement with regard to the degree of urgency and high standards of tact and diplomacy in the referral of matters.
• To manage and co-ordinate the Headteacher’s diary and organize meetings, as appropriate.
• To note and co-ordinate the Headteacher’s follow up actions at the end of key meetings and from correspondence.
• Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests and handle them when appropriate.
• Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority.
• Organise and attend meetings and ensure the head is well prepared for meetings.
• Undertake training to become a Qualified First Aider and Fire Warden.
• To undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the post
The right candidate will have:
• Educated to level 3 (to include GCSE Maths and English)
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills- ability to compose letters accurately.
• Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions.
• Highly organized and ability to plan.
• Ability to approach all confidential matters with discretion, sensitivity and diplomacy preserving the integrity of school information and complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
• Committed and enthusiastic
• Love of working in an environment that is centered on children.
• Previous experience of working in a school environment within administration, or in a working environment as a Personal Assistant.
Please download an application pack.
Please note CV’s are not accepted..
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions and cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process.
If previous employment has included working with children that at least one reference must be from this employment regardless of whether this is current or most recent employment. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
The Wellington Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
The Wellington Academy is celebrating its eleventh birthday. Throughout these years we have remained true to our core values, providing an inclusive and happy education for all students. This year the Academy was oversubscribed in Year 7 and we are d...