Shrewsbury School has a distinguished history; founded by Royal Charter in 1552 and is identified as one of the ‘Great’ public schools by the Clarendon Commission 1868. The School is set in approximately 105 acres of grounds located on the banks of the River Severn and we are currently recruiting for the following position:
PA – INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Competitive Salary, part-time (20-25 hours per week)
We require a commercially experienced PA to provide high quality and comprehensive secretarial support to the International Development Director. This is a new and exciting role which requires a highly experienced and skilled candidate who has provided similar support to senior managers.
You will possess excellent organisational and time-management skills which will be underpinned throughout with a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy. You will be used to juggling a busy workload on a wide range of key activities. Booking international travel will be second nature to you as well as organising high-level meetings. There are lots of projects currently being developed and the PA support will increase as the international work develops.
Key Responsibilities are:
- arranging UK and international travel, including flights, trains, hotels and managing itineraries.
- diary management
- planning and co-ordinating meetings across time zones.
- taking minutes at committee meetings
- drafting and proof reading of documentation.
- administration support
- be educated to degree level.
- have PA experience in a senior role, ideally with commercial exposure.
- have advanced Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Email and PowerPoint)
- be pro-active and someone that delivers on time,
- have a flexible approach as they will be times when your hours will be varied to meet the operational demands.
We offer an attractive employment package with enhanced benefits and further details can be found in the job description. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us on the number below.
Closing date: 12pm (noon), Monday 6 January 2020
Full application pack including job description can be obtained from www.shrewsbury.org.uk/page/pa alternatively please call (01743) 280 834 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will undergo thorough child protection screening including checks with the Disclosure & Barring Service