Salary – Competitive Work pattern – Term Time Only (TTO) plus one week, 40 hours per week Contract – Permanent Location – Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy, Victoria Park Rd, London E9 7HD Start date – 30th August 2017 Closing date – 30th June 2017 Interview dates – Ongoing
The Mossbourne Federation’s calm working atmosphere creates well-rounded individuals who excel in the arts, on the sporting field and academically. All learners, regardless of ability, benefit from the innovative approaches to teaching and learning within the Federation.
The Mossbourne Federation comprises four academies: Mossbourne Community Academy (secondary), Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (secondary), Mossbourne Parkside Academy (primary) and Mossbourne Riverside Academy (primary).
At Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy we are building on the Mossbourne ethos to provide an inspiring education for all our students. With learning at the heart of everything we do, Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy is continuing to raise expectations and achievement in Hackney and its neighbouring boroughs with the belief that all students can fulfill their true potential. Our students receive great lessons, enjoy a vibrant Enrichment programme and have access to debate, speech-making and presentation training through our Oratory specialism. Our outstanding teaching staff work in a rewarding environment where everyone pulls together for the same thing; the best possible deal for our students.
What we are looking for:
• Demonstrable experience in a Personal Assistant or secretarial role
• Experience in the use of Management Information Systems
• Successful administrative experience, ideally in an educational environment
• Good understanding of safeguarding procedures in a school setting
• Punctuality, reliability and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential
• Ability to communicate positively and effectively at all levels with excellent written and spoken English
• Ability to effectively multi-task, work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload in a busy environment, paying attention to detail
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel is an essential requirement of the role
• Typing speed of 60 wpm
• Preferably degree level (Office Skills/Business Administration)
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
What we can offer:
• The opportunity to work with excellent students and a supportive team throughout the academy
• The prospect of working for one of the country’s leading federations
• Ambitious working environment with excellent opportunities for career progression
• First rate professional development
More information about the post and an online application form can be found on our website: http://www.mossbourne.org/vacancies/. Please note that CV’s or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted.
Please note: Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.