We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and dynamic PA to the Principal to start in May 2021.
The Sheffield Private School is an established co-educational school that opened in 2004. Since 2016 it has consistently been rated good with very good and outstanding features. TSPS is now on a thrilling journey to become a High Performance Learning (HPL) school which believes in normalising high performance for all students and uses a unique teaching and learning framework to develop the attributes needed for success. Everyone in the TSPS community is part of this exceptional voyage and we are endeavouring to embed this strategy into all aspects of our working.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The role involves supporting the Principal through the provision of a confidential, professional, efficient and responsive administrative service which includes the handling of highly sensitive, confidential and conflicting issues on a daily basis, dealing with staff, parents and other external bodies. Incumbent will be responsible and accountable for delivering a high quality PA service and related administrative and business activities and will be required to act on his/her own initiative, using careful judgement, tact and diplomacy.
Main Responsibilities of post:
• To provide a highly proactive PA service to the Principal and manage his office, emails and diary.
• To manage the annual scheduling of school meetings, ensuring agendas are set to fulfil important school functions.
• To take minutes and monitor complex and sensitive actions for strategic groups, including the School Leadership Team taking corrective action or advising of problems/delays as necessary.
• To play a key role in supporting project planning and management, having an active input into the production of confidential reports, documentation and presentations
• To carry out background research, present findings and identifying solutions to problems of varying complexity.
• Checking all external communications before they are released and uploading parental communications onto the D6 School Communicator.
• To receive, investigate and respond to complaints, liaising with other staff and seeking advice and clarification as and when required.
• To have full accountability for the secretarial and administrative service provided to the School Leadership Team.
• To be accountable for the maintenance and upkeep of all school leadership team diaries, including organising appointments, arranging meetings and coordinating hospitality with differing levels of formality.
• To ensure that the Principal is aware of all arrangements and provided with relevant documentation. This includes taking into account conflicting and critical issues to ensure that work is prioritised to meet deadlines and objectives.
• To coordinate whole school activities on behalf of the School Leadership Team.
• To facilitate effective SLT meetings by ensuring agenda and relevant reports are prepared and circulated beforehand, action trackers are updated and reminders are sent.
• To take lead responsibility for prompt and effective communications from the Principal’s office.
• To act as a ‘gatekeeper’ and manage the flow of contact to Principal, filtering all communications and exercising judgement with regard to the degree of urgency and high standards of tact and diplomacy in the referral of matters.
• To work strategically alongside HR Manager to ensure that efficient and effective administration of personal contractual procedures are followed up and actioned as appropriate.
• To assist the Head of HR manage and process all recruitment related administration, including preparing and placing adverts, collating applications, arranging interviews and post interview follow up.
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
• Hold a minimum of Bachelors qualification.
• Be available in UAE and must have an experience of working in similar capacity in a school in Dubai/UAE
Our Benefits Package Includes:
A Competitive tax free Salary & Health Insurance.
At The Sheffield Private School, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be subject to various background checks including, receipt of satisfactory references and police checks.
The Sheffield Private School
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years