Surbiton High School is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
Responsible for all administrative duties, communication, and operational duties on behalf of the Assistant Principals (APs). Assist the APs on a 1:1 basis making best use of their time and ensure the smooth running and efficiency of the office, managing high-level day to day priorities, and tasks as effectively as possible.
- Prize Giving event organisation and administration, including: letters, invitations to VIPS, parents, Scholars and prize-winners, engraving trophies, liaising with teachers for prize winners’ names for the event programme; creating the programme, managing the prize giving spread sheet, collating book tokens and prizes and arranging gifts for the annual guest speaker Co-ordinating the evening alongside AP – Co curricular.
- Prize Giving and Annual Carol Service Organisation and Administration
- Calendar maintenance – weekly reminders to teachers, checking/chasing up Event details, adding new events, collating and inputting information for the next academic year, reoccurring room bookings document, collating teachers’ information for website documents
- Event bookings – e.g. CPD pathways, HOD meetings
- United Learning visits and events eg. 6th Form conference, Digital Strategy UL group meet, UL Deep Dive. Booking rooms, inviting participants, ordering catering, meet and greet VIPs
- Administration and organisation of events including but not limited to: Activity Week, Co-Curricular, SLT Detention and INSET days
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Experience of scheduling busy diaries and maintaining confidential systems
- Highly developed planning and organising skills as well as a keen eye for detail
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel within the organisation, and with executive level and peer counterparts outside of the School
- Assertive with strong communication skills both verbal and written; ability to liaise effectively with external contacts at all levels
- Self-motivated with exemplary follow-up skills, able to work flexibly with minimum supervision using own initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to manage a high degree of ambiguity, completing all assignments on or ahead of scheduled deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player, with strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Accustomed to working collaboratively within a busy office environment
- Fast and accurate typing, speed writing, with the ability to draft letters and documents together with expert formatting
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, and to prioritise tasks and work systematically to achieve goals
- Highly flexible and able to multi-task
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- IT literate, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and databases
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Degree-level educated, desired
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/990284
Closing date: 8:00am, Monday 30 October 2017
Interviews to be held week commencing: 30 October 2017
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.