We welcome expressions of interest from those looking to gain experience in a school environment, with a view to applying for Teacher Training in the future. Join our internship to work with us as a Teaching Assistant - it will give you the essential skills needed to be an amazing teacher… is this the kind of experience that you require???
- A large 11-18 co-educational, comprehensive High School
- The Lead school for the North Essex Teacher Training Scheme ?
- A forward thinking school at the forefront of curriculum innovation which seeks to make personalized learning a reality ?
- An Ofsted rated ‘good’ school which changes students’ lives every day
We can offer you:
- A demonstrable history of supporting the individual needs of graduate TA's and assisting them to move into the teaching profession
- A warm welcome to the team
- Extensive Classroom experience
- The opportunity to participate in school trips, parent evenings, sporting events, extra-curricular clubs and community out-reach projects
- Varied duties that will assist in the general day to day activities and support the class teacher
- In time, once you develop your skill set, there is the possibility of contributing to lesson planning and gaining the basic skills that a seasoned teacher takes for granted
The lucky candidate that gains a place in our school will find that they will be leagues ahead of their cohort in teacher training.
Start dates available in January and April 2017
The internship will last a maximum of one academic year You will be working for 25 hours per week (Monday-Friday) Term-Time only Salary: Local Government Band 2, Point 11 £15,207 per annum (pro rata), including holiday entitlement
If this sounds like a role that you can fulfil please register your interest with Helen Hobbs, our HR Manager and get the ball rolling!!
We are committed to equal opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant.
Closing date: 09/12/2016